Monday, January 10, 2011

Recipe 6: Pork Paillard

First, I would like to apologize for being absent. I took some time to recover from the Christmas mayhem, then I was so sick I almost died. Not really, but it felt that way.

This recipe could just as easily be called "Thank you Food Network."

And this is not my picture. We were too busy eating to take pictures.
I did not make asparagus, either. I think it's a gross texture. I made fresh green beans.

The best part of the meal ended up being the veggies which I whipped up purely out of my head, but the rest was pretty good too.

1.) Mix 1/2 cup softened butter with chopped sundried tomatoes, thyme and sage to taste.
2.) Either pound pork thin (or buy it pre-cut that way) and coat very lightly in salted flour. Shake off all excess flour. Pan sear and cook through.
3.) Boil fresh green beans in water salted to taste like sea water for 5-8 mins.
4.) Strain green bean when at desired texture and put back in pan.
5.) Add 2 tsp butter, chopped tomato and thinly sliced green onions and sear lightly.
6.) Serve as pretty as you please and ENJOY!

Trust me--it's delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment