Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Recipe 7: The Final Meatloaf Recipe

Prep Time:10 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins

I am a meatloaf connoisseur. I love it in almost every incarnation. Sweet with lots of ketchup like Mom's; savory and full of herbs; topped with gravy; made with the Lipton packets...I love them all. Over the course of 4 years, I have tried MANY varieties. Sorry to all my guinea pigs.

To all those who endured the overly greasy, sometimes too salty loafs, and to those who scooped through the ones that wouldn't stick together--I owe you a taste.

At long last, I found it. THE recipe, and now I will share it with you.


This is a double recipe. One pound comfortably fills 4 people. So, I make two at a time and vacuum wrap and freeze one loaf to make a night the next week easier. Yay vacuum bags by Ziploc!

Ok, recipe time. Here it is, the recipe 4 years in the making.

2 lb ground beef
1 tsp salt
1 small onion (more or less to taste)
2 cups Italian bread crumbs
2 large eggs
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1 Tbsp Parsley
1 toe minced garlic

Top with as much or as little ketchup as desired

1 green onion sliced
1 sweet tomato with the gooey stuff cut out and sliced
(These are separated out for a reason)

Bake at 400 for 20 minutes. At the 20 min. mark, take the loaf out, sprinkle on the green onion and evenly spread out the tomato and cook 10 more mins.

No comments:

Post a Comment